Natural Springs Resort
To make sure you know exactly who I'm talking about here are details:
- Located at 500 S. Washington Street, New Paris, Ohio 45347.
- Phone number 937-437-5771.
- Website http://www.naturalspringsresort.com
Our experience with this campground as of July 29, 2006.
- I called one evening (maybe around 10pm) to ask some questions about
their cabins. Someone answered the phone and when I started to ask
about the cabins they gruffly said they only take calls between
10am and 7pm. I don't think they should have answered the phone
if they didn't want to talk to potential customers. Just let an
answering machine get it. I sadly ignored this small warning sign.
I called back during business hours to get the info.
- We made reservations a week in advance and they promptly charged our credit card for the full amount of our expected stay. Reasonable.
- We're a large family so we reserved a cabin and adjacent site to
pitch tents (they don't allow tents on the cabin sites).
- The place was easy to find and check-in was uneventful.
- The cabin was nice.
- Once we got settled in we found that the "daily scuba diving" was not available
and that any scuba diving required signing up for 3 weeks of twice a week
lessons (unless you're a trained diver). Not exactly useful for out of town visitors.
- All of the kids activities mentioned on the website only exist on
the weekend. There's nothing during the week. See the flyer they
gave us at check in: Activity Flyer
- Putt-putt might have been available but there was "only 1 person"
working the day it wasn't raining so it wasn't open.
- The spa was closed and empty.
- The only thing to do was swim in the lake or pool.
- The lake and pool both close at very early dusk. That may make sense
for the lake, but not the pool. At most places the pool is open
well into the night. There's no lifeguard at either by the way.
- They have a breakfast menu, but the the store hours where the
diner is are 11am to 7pm. Rather too late for breakfast. And
forget about any kind of late dinner. They say the hours are
extended on holidays.
- When confronted about the lack of advertised activities the day before
we left the operator only had insulting remarks and a free game of
putt-putt to offer while he laughed.
- We decided to leave 2 days early
- When we were leaving they said a refund for the 2 unused days would
take about a week.
- Now, after 2 weeks, I called to see where it was and they say
no refund. They have a published 2 week cancellation notice policy.
But that shouldn't really apply since their facilities aren't up
This may be an ok place to park an RV overnight during the week. But if you
have kids and/or want activities or entertainment best to go elsewhere. Though
we can't comment about the weekend since we weren't there for that.